1.09.2010

Smitten Kitchen

Yum yum yuuuuuuum how scrumptious does this poppy seed lemon cake look?







Blair, Jackie and I are BIG fans of the recipes posted on Smitten Kitchen - it's where Jackie found the recipe for the Guinness Chocolate Cake (or Chocolate Stout Cake/Ganached Guinness Goodness) and where we found inspiration for many of our delicious Thanksgiving dishes.  I also have to mention my big Smitten Kitchen discovery: Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Fool proof, even I can do them successfully.

Deb is a blogger who lives in New York.  She cooks out of a tiny kitchen and focuses on "comfort foods stepped up a bit".  What we like most about her recipes is that she avoids "excessively fussy foods and/or pretentious ingredients" - nothing worse than going on a trip to Whole Foods and coming back empty handed because they don't carry tamarind sauce (*tip that we learned tonight: you can use limes and oranges instead!).

Jackie made us the most aammaazzzing spicy pad thai tonight.  It was her first attempt at Thai food and once again, I'm her biggest fan.  I'm trying to talk her into writing her own food blog, feed me forever, and become rich off her success.  Anyone else want to back me up?!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I LOVE SMITTEN KITCHEN! mostly I just covet the amazing looking food and admire the photography. I'm waiting for the day when I can afford to make an amazing smitten kitchen meal...