4.20.2010


Local Natives

Florence and the Machine

She & Him

The Gobi Tent

Aww - can't every weekend be a live performance of my iTunes library?  

I don't even know where to start. The whole weekend is turning into one big blur...

The title of this post should actually be "We camped, we conquered", because that's exactly what we did. Since we went the camping route, we spent the entire weekend at the festival. We marathon stage hopped in attempts to see as much as we could. Of course, with a line-up like this year, we were bound to split up and miss some shows (I missed most of the Band of Skulls set, Beyonce's appearance, and ALL of SPOON, poo) but the cup is always half full when you can say your weekend was spent with artists like She and Him, Thom Yorke, Jay-Z, The Gorillaz, Beach House, Miike Snow, Pheonix, The Local Natives, Grizzly Bear, the Whitest Boy Alive *I could go on forever...

I definitely wouldn't consider myself a music critic, although I know what I do and don't like and I have a deep appreciation and long-lasting love of live music. I was more than impressed with almost all of the bands I saw (the one glaring exception would be the XX...I ended up falling asleep to their set - BORING, but lovely napping music) and I was happy to participate with my home-made egg shaker! I'm looking forward to reading some of the reviews that are floating around and I will definitely share links as I come across them.

More pics to come...

ps: I cannot stop listening to the Local Natives right now -- Pepperdine alums (and Cavil at Rest rebirthed) mix Church of Christ harmonies with amazing percussion and the result is a one amazing album that I simply cannot stop playing. Check it out if you know what's good for you! Or download the Local Natives - Airplanes by clicking here.

No comments: