5.14.2010

Run run running

 [cutest thing I've ever seen via Lars]

Just like golf, running is a mind game. Jackie and I have a little routine going that includes running 4 times a week, slowly increasing the distance and beating original times. We alternate this with an upper body and lower body weights routine at the gym. This week, I had been feeling good - I look forward to hitting the treadmill for 1/2 an hour and I try to beat my time from the day before. The regimented work-outs have me pretty sore, but I'm excited that I've actually made progress. I'm 22 and in the best shape I've ever been in.

Or so I thought.

Thursday, we decided to mix it up a bit and run outside while the sun set. We have a convenient country club near us that creates a 3.2-ish mile jaunt. Yikes, running outside is a whole new game. I don't know what it was, but I was haulin'! I'd like to think that I was just sore and exhausted from the week, but it's frustrating when something that should be easy ends up feeling difficult. Amazing how all the excuses start flooding in when life gets rough ["Maybe I didn't drink enough water today? Did I eat enough for lunch? Maybe I shouldn't have had that Banana at 4:30..."]

We're resting today, hallelujah! And then 6 miles on Sat. Good thing I have a tough-love trainer.

No comments: