5.18.2010

Spoiled.


This past week has been filled with blog-worthy home-made cuisine. Unlike Nats, I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures of food. Often, it's devoured before I can even think about finding a camera or snapping one with an iPhone. However, I think it's about time I recorded what was made so that maybe one day (or next week?), I'll revisit this post and remind Jackie of all the wonderful things she is able to make for our apartment family. Hints? Hints? I'm shameless...she probably doesn't even read this anyway...
  • Quiche with Tillamook Sharp Cheddar cheese *the best*, green onions, eggplant, tomatoes and spinach -- uhh yeah, I'll have to do that one again.
  • Baked herbed marinated tofu with tons of Chinese broccoli fresh from the Sunday market
  • Baked Ginger marinated tofu strips with Basmati rice pilaf (peanuts and cilantro, yum!)
  • Blackened tempeh (the last three were recipes from the amazing Real Food Daily cookbook) with baked brussel sprouts and purple mashed potatoes
  • Quick recipe for breakfast or a mid-day snack (ala Jillian from the Biggest Loser) that includes baking Quinoa, Flax Seeds, Honey and Cinnamon and then sprinkling the mixture over 1/2 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt *I add strawberries! I discovered that this is a great energy snack to eat about an hour before the gym.
  • Another one from Jillian -- Almond Butter Balls! If you're like me and tired of paying over a dollar for a protein bar, let me know if you want this recipe for little almond butter protein balls.
So spoiled.

1 comment:

jackie. said...

almond butter balls actually aren't jillian's recipe... they're from some famous female triathlete. it's her fav post-workout snack.

ps. you forgot the olive oil in the quinoa recipe ;)