11.09.2010

Never Let Me Go

Never Let Me Go

I'm a little late on this one, but have you seen Never Let Me Go yet? If you're in the mood to be bummed out for a few hours, this is the movie for you. The subject matter is sci-fi seeming at first, yet disturbingly real when you drill down to the heart of it. On a more shallow level, the movie is absolutely stunning. The fall colours and overall styling are to die for - what a nice reminder of how autumn and winter actually looks like outside of this sunny Santa Monica bubble I call home. The movie leaves you asking a lot of questions, which makes me think that the book is probably even better. To the library I go!

PS: Amazing accidental discovery of the night: $7 movie theatre in Culver City. And I'm not talking matinee ladies and gents. AND $5 popcorn and drink. My life will never be the same.

PPS: How does Carrie Mulligan manage to pull off any haircut?! At one point in the movie, she had this weird shaggy mullet going on. And she looked great. Sigh, Hollywood.

No comments: