12.11.2010

Not to Brag...

...but I am having a great weekend so far.

This morning I woke up bright and early, took a shower, and started putting together a new skirt. I found a bunch of great new fabrics in the district a few weeks ago and I have a ton of ideas floating around in my mind that I think I was a little intimidated with where to start. Do I make a skirt, a top, a dress, a backpack, a tote? Do I use the blue ikat, bright and colorful cotton pattern, or the light and airy linen? Oh the possibilities!

I pinned my fabric up on the dress form, started to do some cutting, and then let it "marinate" for the rest of the day. One of my friends is trying to move west - in my 100% support of this move, I volunteered to accompany her to go check out what seemed like an awesome apartment in Venice. When we were stood up for our appointment, we found refuge in retail therapy and went window shopping on Abbott Kinney. That's when I fell in love with a cute pair of oxfords at Steven Alan........


....and pretty much everything at MilkMade.

Later that afternoon, Jackie and I ventured downtown for Unique LA's artisan fair and I successfully checked a few names off my Christmas list. Phew. Since we were in the area, I also picked up a large leather scrap from one of the fashion district vendors - I have something in mind and will share the outcome soon! 

My last blog-brag is about Mac and Cheeza, a little restaurant devoted to the noodle and the cheese. It was our snack stop before heading back to our side of town. Yum yum yum yum yum is all I have to say about that!

Tonight, I'm bringing a pillow to the movies - I'm going to brave my way through the new Natalie Portman/Mila Kunis thriller, Black Swan. I hear that is is equally creepy and beautiful - we'll see how I do. 


Hope you are having a fabulous weekend vacation!

No comments: