1.31.2011

Weekend Vacation

Beauty Joshua tree



What a whirlwind weekend. My dad had a big birthday celebration in Palm Springs complete with a surprise visit from my brother, a mustang convertible, a comical community theater version of The Producers, boulder climbing in Joshua Tree, a massive lunch at a Jewish deli {Sherman's}, and QT with family. I'm so thankful that even though we're not in the same state, it's still feasible to pull off a weekend trip together. As much as I love my family, when Monday morning rolled around, I definitely felt that I needed a weekend vacation from my weekend vacation.

Only a few hours away from LA, this is perfect weekend camping trip destination. I'd like to do some more intense hikes (I hear there are water falls?) and climbing around. I also think it would be an awesome photoshoot location for the guitar company I work for. Hmm wonder if I could make that happen. Les, if you're reading this - you have to teach me how to rock climb so that we can do these boulders!! It'll give me some motivation to get back to push ups again. Yikes.

No comments: