2.21.2011

Weekend Vacation

Well, it was an overcast weekend vacation so a handful of days were spent inside. I did manage to catch up with a few long lost friends...I even finally checked out the humongous antique furniture store on Santa Monica blvd. If you haven't been yet, Werther's brothers is insane! It's huge...rows and rows of used and antique furniture, pianos, vintage rugs and even birds. My paradise. Minus the birds. Jackie scored two books at a local thrift store for $1.50 and Stephen got himself a manly man liqueur bottle. I'd say we did well.

Blair was bed-ridden due to her recent tonsil surgery so the rest of our weekend was spent keeping her company on the couch with the chocolate pudding cups close at hand. I'm pretty good at watching Criminal Minds and Law & Order SVU marathons. In fact it's one of my greatest strengths.


On a more intellectual note, I read "Unbearable Lightness" by Portia di Rossi this weekend. I think I'm still processing it. I'm so thankful that I haven't suffered from an eating disorder...Portia's story revealed how easily something like self control and what she interpreted as professionalism can turn ugly. It took being 83 pounds and not being able to stand to get her to realize how sick she really was. I don't want to give the rest of it away...all I can do is highly recommend it!

No comments: