4.28.2012

Lately...

A few quick updates since I haven't posted in a while...

1. Coachella #4 - my fourth time attending, but first (and probably only) time I will be considered VIP!!
VIP

I didn't bring my camera into the festival, but managed to take a few photos pool-side. We had a blissful weekend in the desert filled with amazing live performances. St. Vincent, Bon Iver, Santigold, Dr. Dre/Snoop/50 Cent/Eminem and Feist are my top picks of the weekend. It still baffles me that I can list those artists in one sentence.

Coachella
Ladiess @ Coachella

Take me back to that lazy river, pronto!

2. Muay Thai Boxing - a fun workout that has me sore for days...according to our trainer, the bruises and cuts are the sign of a true bada** fighter. Great. Looks like I'm well on my way! ...Do bada** fighters also have blue toe nails?

Untitled

3. Low-Carb Challenge: 5 days ago, I was challenged to cut out carbs after breakfast. After getting over the initial shock of taking rice and noodles out of my diet (umm...noodles are my life), it's actually been fun to try and be creative with what goes into my body. When you're writing down everything you eat, it's much easier to say no to unnecessary foods. Side-note for the Con readers: Supposedly I am subconsciously dreading the moment I have to turn down BonTon cake...I dreamt about it last night! BonTon must be my most beloved indulgence. Please feel free to take advantage of this confession the next time I visit.

low-carb skewers
(Hoisin pork loin veggie skewers - a delicious, low-cal Real Simple Magazine recipe!)

No comments: