9.28.2012

Simple Truths About Summer


"The cure for anything is salt water. Sweat, tears, or the sea." 
- Isak Dinesen

***

Isak Dinesen must have lived by the sea because she sure knew what she was talking about. 

Another beautiful summer has come and gone. I'm thankful for all the days spent on the hot sand and in the waves. We only live a few blocks from the beach so almost every weekend, we'd walk west for a few minutes, down through the bluffs and end up in paradise! Coconut waters, veggies and hummas, an entertaining podcast, soduku and soft waves. That's what I've been doing instead of blogging! Oh, and plenty of sweating too. Now that it's almost October, I'm close to reaching my 1 year anniversary of actively and intentionally exercising and eating relatively clean! As for tears? There hasn't been too much of that - maybe a few during this summer's SYTYCD (ah hem, this gooorgeous routine).

***

Side-note: Investing in art is my new favorite indulgence. Luckily, there are so many websites dedicated to bringing inspirational pieces to homes without breaking the bank. Jen Bekman's 20x200 is a great place to start but I found this calming print on Society 6 and I'm so tempted to make it mine. It is pay day after all! 

No comments: