4.09.2013

On Repeat: Rhye



Oh my, I can't seem to stop listening to Rhye - Woman

This band seems so secretive. Although the lead's voice sounds a lot like Sade - spoiler alert! - it's actually a man. I did a quick search for a photo since I wanted to have some sort of visual of the man behind the voice...but there doesn't seem to be any! In an age of over-the-top celebrity appearances, I can respect that they don't want their "look" to interfere with their music. Their recent feature on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic continues to peak my curiosity but I guess I will continue to wonder because I will be out of town when they return to LA's El Rey Theatre on May 10th. Somebody do me (and yourself!) a favor...buy a ticket and snap a photo, ok?!

Hear the entire MBE/KCRW session here! // Another cool article on NPR if you care for more.

No comments: