8.02.2009

What's a weekend without a Summer BBQ by the pool, some good 'ol fashioned 52-card deck fun, and a quick sewing project? We finally had some friends over to take advantage of the summer and our semi-private pool. The roommates whipped up some amazing summer watermelon-lemonade spiked to taste and the afternoon rolled into multiple rounds of Rich Man Poor Man/Asshole (whatever name you prefer) and pizza. Classic. I can't remember the last time I played card games! Sewing project of the weekend: laptop sleeve for Nats. I had some leftover pieces of fabric from the pillow cases that I made earlier so I decided to take a quilted approach. I'm happy with how it turned out! I was tempted to keep it. But I didn't. Thanks again, Mom and Dad, for the best Christmas present ever! The sewing machine has come in handy so much these past couple months.

No comments: