6.15.2010

SpoonFlower

Not only did BeckyDazzler (on BurdaStyle) make this cute little skirt herself, but she designed the fabric too! Meet Spoonflower, a website where you can upload your own patterns and get the fabric shipped to your door. Amazingly enough, there isn't a minimum amount so you could just get 3/4 of a yard to make a little something for yourself.


It's difficult for me to look at raw fabric and decipher if it would actually be "wearable". I tend to lean towards the safe bets: Stripes and solids.  Patterns are where it's really tricky! I would have never taken Becky's fabric and turned it into a skirt. But as a finished product, it's so quirky, cute and unique. Creating my own patterns would be taking it to a whole new level...one that I would love to explore at some point. Until then, I want to try making a little black skirt like this.

No comments: