3.12.2012

Spotify Me.

First: an unrelated photo of one of my favorite Thai treats -- I was there last year! Sad. Had to get that out of the way...
Watermelon

----

Music ADD (self diagnosed, of course) keeps me on my toes, always looking for new stuff to listen to. That's when I discovered a new Spotify app called Moodagent. It is similar to iTunes' Genius feature but it extends your playlist options to new music instead of limiting it to your own personal music library. All you have to do pick a track that you're into at the moment and it'll generate a playlist for you! It'll factor in "moods" like sensual, tender, happy, angry and even tempo. I haven't played around with it too much, but I'm going to venture to say that it is smarter than Pandora radio (which always gives me Jack Johnson songs no matter what I type in - NO THANKS!)

Here's a good mix based off of a Cold War Kids song, Hospital Beds:
  1. Hospital Beds - Cold War Kids
  2. SWM - Tapes n' Tapes
  3. Details of the War - Clap your Hands and Say Yeah
  4. Red Elephant - Born Ruffians
  5. The Drawing Board - The Features
  6. Suspended in Gaffa - Ra Ra Riot
  7. Icky Thump - The White Stripes
  8. 1 4 U & U 4 Me - The Decemberists
  9. Rocking Horse - The Dead Weather
  10. Fighting in a Sack - The Shins
  11. Driver, Surprise Me - The National
  12. So He Won't Break - The Black Keys
  13. Red Paint - Matt & Kim
  14. People C'mon - Delta Spirit
  15. Joy - Islands
  16. Trying Your Luck - The Strokes
  17. The Immortals - Kings of Leon
  18. I Only Wear Blue - Dr. Dog
  19. Drops in the River - Fleet Foxes
  20. Flash's Theme - Louis XIV
  21. Camera Talk - Local Natives
  22. Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl - Broken Social Scene
  23. Eyes - Peter Bjorn and John

No comments: