3.11.2012

Getting back into it.

I have been in such a creative rut. The projects at work have become creatively demanding lately (not complaining!) but I find that at the end of the day, I haven't had much energy left for anything except maybe a few hours of TV or some time with a book. The fact that I've totally gotten sucked into the Hunger Games series probably doesn't help either. Oh, and that pesky cold that won't go away.

All sewing endeavors have been on a huuuuuge hold. I don't think I've made something since December - yikes - and I have to admit, I've had the same skirt 3/4 of the way done on my mannequin for much too long. When it comes down to it, I'm a little intimidated to get back into sewing clothes again. I have huge expectations for myself. I want everything to be perfect but I don't have the patience to figure it out on my own. Whine whine complain complain. I just need to get back into it. SO when I saw Wiksten posted some downloadable patterns, I was inspired to give one a go.


I downloaded her tank top pattern and read through the instructions. Everything seems easy peasy. No zippers or button holes. The perfect little tank that'll hopefully ease me back into the sewing world. As an added bonus, it has the same shape as a top that I talked myself out of purchasing yesterday. I'm over the exposed zipper anyway - and $50? Yeah right Urban.

Wish me luck!

No comments: