9.03.2011

feist * metals


!!!!!!

All I have to say is thank goodness I just sit around at a computer all day. 

Feist's new album Metals comes out October 4th and I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy. I'm absolutely smitten with single #1 (How Come You Never Go There) so when I got the chance to preview more songs from the album live I knew I had to go. 

Feist in Concert

Jackie and I headed to Village Studios yesterday to be part of a small audience for a Yahoo! Music / Starbucks in-studio session. We were about 5 feet from miss Leslie Feist herself and she didn't disappoint. Not one bit. Her voice defines "songbird" and seeing her play the guitar that close up was pretty inspiring. The chords she uses are pretty standard, but it's what she does in-between the chords that makes her an artist I can appreciate.

I wish I could have snapped a few photos from the night but cameras and cell phones were prohibited. We walked away with Starbucks/Yahoo goodie bags (as if the evening wasn't enough to brag about, right?) and I made a pact with myself to do more awesomely free things from now on.

The Yahoo! Music session will be streaming in all Starbucks locations in September and will go live on Yahoo! Music afterwards. Go see if you can find me...I'll be the little Asian with a goofy grin on her face.

No comments: